Sunday 30 August 2009

Old friends

Last Friday, I met up with my friends Julia and Sharon.  We all went to college and studied catering together many many moons ago.  We meet about three or four times a year and have a meal.  We tried Kettleburgh Chequers this time and it's well worth a visit.

Julia makes and decorates the most amazing cakes - birthday, wedding and celebration cakes.  She has a website in the making and I'll be linking to her site when it's up and running.  Sharon brought us some home-grown tomatoes.  It was lovely to be given some as home-grown tastes so much better than shop bought.  I've been making lots of chutneys, pickles and jams this summer, and put aside a jar of Plum Jam for each of them, only to get there and realise I'd left them at home.  It will keep until next time we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment