Friday 21 August 2009

Improvised light box

Tomorrow I am demonstrating hand-quilting at market.  Today I thought that maybe I ought to get a piece of hand-quilting ready to quilt.  I'm still not sure that what I've chosen is a good idea as I decided to design my own piece and not use a quilting stencil, but, hey, why start simply!

As market is at Orford, I thought maybe an outline of Orford Castle would be good.  I have a lovely photo of the castle that I've printed off onto A4 and then I wondered (8.45pm tonight) how the heck am I going to transfer the outline to fabric?  My natural lightbox (daylight through window) is not working at present (it's too dark outside) and I don't own a light-box, but I do have plenty of clear plastic storage boxes and my husband has a powerful torch .... so solution is empty box, put on torch, put empty box over torch and hey presto  -  a light box.  Shame the box has got curved edges so that it doesn't sit properly - but never mind, it will serve it's temporary purpose.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment