Thursday 3 September 2009

Log cabin

My mother-in-law, who is also Jenny Cooper, has asked me to make her a quilted tablecloth.  As we both share the same name this can be a little confusing at times.  A couple of years ago I entered the local flower show and was lucky enough to win the handicraft cup, when Jenny (MIL) went into the village the week after, she was congratulated on winning.  This year, Jenny (MIL) entered some embroidery and knitting in another local show and I was congratulated on the prizes! 

Anyway, back to the tablecloth, Jenny (MIL) likes the log cabin design and lilac colours.
Here are the ones she has picked out:

















I think the colours she has chosen will make a very pretty quilt.  It will be approx 54" square made from 9" log cabin blocks. I don't know yet which log cabin setting it will be in.  The thing to do, is make the blocks and then take them to her and we can lay them out and decide.

What do you think?
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment