Sunday 8 March 2009

Finished order

Below is the order I was talking about in a previous post. They were made for children and will be framed and hung in their bedrooms. These were especially made after the customer had seen similar smaller ones for sale. I find it quite scary to take commissions, because it worries me that the final pieces won't be liked – but in this case the children were really happy with them.


Below is a close-up of the flowers. When I came to stitch around the edge of the daisy in the middle, I used variegated yellow thread for the centre and then wondered whether the petals would stand out better from the background if I edged them in yellow too. I couldn’t visualise what it would look like, so I made a sample daisy to try it. I’m glad I did because it looked awful, so the main picture is edged in white and looks just right.

Oh I can’t get the hang of formatting these blog posts. Every time a picture is inserted it goes haywire. I find I have to edit it far too many times to get it to look right. It drives me mad. Does anyone else have this problem? Today I am writing this in Word and hoping that when it gets published it will be better.

Ipswich didn’t play this weekend, which is probably a good thing as they ended on Tuesday evening losing 0-3 to Southampton at home. This won’t help their play-off places at all.




See you again
Jenny








































































































Below is a close-up of the flowers. When I came to stitch around the edge of the daisy in the middle, I used variegated yellow thread for the centre and then wondered whether the petals would stand out better from the background if I edged them in yellow too. I couldn't visualise what it would look like, so I made a sample daisy to try it. I'm glad I did because it looked awful, so the main picture is edged in white and it looks just right.
































































































Oh I can't get the hang of formatting these blog posts. Every time a picture is inserted it goes haywire. I find I have to edit it far too many times to get it to look right. It drives me mad. Does anyone else have this problem? Today I am writing this in Word and hoping that when it gets published it will be better.



Ipswich didn't play this weekend, which is probably a good thing as they ended on Tuesday evening losing 0-3 to Southampton at home. This won't help their play-off places at all.



See you again



Jenny




2 comments:

  1. I love the flowers!

    I'm a new blogger and have difficulty getting my pictures to load in my posts in the order I want. I think we'll both get better over time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a year of cursing and swearing at Blogger I have come to the conclusion that the easiest way to load pictures is to do them first and then write round them. And Blogger puts them in the post in reverse order to the way you upload them - i.e. the one you upload first appears last in the post. Confusing isn't it?

    I still haven't worked out how to persuade Blogger to put paragraph breaks where I want them, though!

    ReplyDelete