Tuesday 3 March 2009

Bits and pieces

This is a little bit bitty tonight.

First up I have two pictures of my birds that I've made for my Country Market order, one blue and one red. They are fused onto a vintage silk background and then satin stitched around the edges with variegated threads. A small blob of fabric paint for the eye.


I was given a pair of 1960's silk curtains, which once washed, disentigrated in way too many places to make them useful for curtains - but they make jolly good backgrounds for pictures.

Next up is a picture of a quilt that I really don't know if I want to own up to making. About six years ago I pieced this top, the colours are gorgeous and bright and this was definately a case of the quilt looking better in my head than it did made up.


So, I have unpicked the main blocks, given them a good press, I'll mix them up abit, and then see how they will look with sashing in between to break them up. This has sat in my sewing room for so long, it's high time the poor thing had a bit of TLC and be finished of. Goodness knows what I will do with it once it's done though.

Lastly is a picture of my daughters outgrown clothes which are now nicely de-seamed and waiting to be made into a cupcake cushion for her bedroom.

And just to update the football fans, Ipswich are playing Southampton at home tonight and losing 0-1. Oh dear Tractor Boys, I think you need a bit of moonshine in your engines.

See you
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments about my tile piece.

    The stitch is wheatear stitch - bsically two slanting stitches with a loop through them.

    The ghostly effect is because I stamped on the fabric to transfer the pattern for the stitching. I used an ordinary stamp pad and it wore off a bit as I worked, so has ended up quite translucent.

    Love your little birds!

    Give my regards to Suffolk - we lived in East Bergholt for some years and I still miss the skies ...

    ReplyDelete