Monday 8 February 2010

Stitchery with Nicky


My friend Nicky makes amazing quilts and cushions and all sorts of wonderful things incorporating stitchery.  She's just had a one-woman exhibition at Quilters Haven show-casing all her lovely quilts and cushions.  Here's a few links to more of Nicky's wonderful stitchery Christmas cushion ~ Couch companion ~ Cushions ~ Stitchery quilt .

So as you can see, she is very, very good at stitchery, you won't find any wobbly lines on Nicky's stitching, unlike my little lady above.  The design I choose was originally designed to be made into a little stuffed lady which could be filled with lavender but I've decided to make her into a little cushion.  I'll finish the stitching this evening, it's quite addictive.  It's simple to do, the three main stitches being back-stitch, lazy-daisy and french knots, and it's good to have something small in the evening when you're watching (or listening) to the telly.  I think I need a lot more practise to get lovely flowing lines like Nicky's.

Jenny





2 comments:

  1. Oh dear - have I got you addicted to stitchery now? Your lady looks lovely - you must show me the finished result!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I can't wait to see the finished cushion.

    ReplyDelete