Wednesday 11 February 2009

Hello,

Well, I've finally done it, I've got a blog. I said it was something I wouldn't do, but here we are. Now it's the hard bit - to actually post regularly.

This evening I will be finishing off a quilt I am making for my friends 12 year old. He is mad keen on Ipswich Town Football Club, and wanted a quilt with footballs all over it. Mum decided that maybe the Ipswich colours would be a better idea, so I've made a royal blue and white quilt, edged in red. It's quite a basic quilt, just 8" blocks and machine quilted either side of the seams, but it looks really effective. When it's done I will post a picture.

This afternoon I held another session of my beginners patchwork group. It's quite a small group as it's the first group I've taught. All 'my ladies' are enjoying it, which makes me really happy, because it means they must like what I'm telling them! We get together every couple of weeks to make a small sampler quilt about 34" square and we've got another couple of sessions left before they're finished. I'll post the finished quilts up in a few weeks when they are complete.

One of my group asked if I would consider teaching general sewing classes, it's not something I had considered before, it's something I need to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Well done you JW! Looks great.
    I will keep track of progress, and what you are up to.

    cheers
    Roger

    ReplyDelete